The District Coordinator is a part-time community organizer position that oversees the day-to-day operations of the Committee to Elect Liz Miranda’s community-based initiatives, including, but not limited to, constituent outreach, voter contact activities, and support for district-wide issue campaigns, fundraising, as well as working closely with the candidate to ensure short- and long-term goals for the 5th Suffolk district are being met or exceeded.
The district coordinator will strengthen resident leadership, civic engagement, and community collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead administrative duties including helping constituents with issues, writing letters and making phone calls
- Lead day to day constituent outreach and activities
- Attending community meetings and events
- Supporting political goals & voter contact activities
- Strengthen collaboration with community stakeholders and service providers
- Organizing community members to engage with Rep. Miranda’s priorities and policy agenda
- Provide support in fundraising, communications, and field
- Managing the Campaign Fellows program
- In the event of opening a district office; managing the office space
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, positively, respectfully, and diplomatically with people of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, and skill levels
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and re-prioritize to meet short-term and long-term goals
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to keep multiple projects on track at the same time
- Shares Rep. Miranda’s core values of resident-led leadership and equity
Strong preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of the district, past community organizing experience, Cabo Verdean Kriolu, Portuguese, Spanish and/or Vietnamese language proficiency. Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply, please send an introductory email with the subject line “District Coordinator” and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org